Are you looking for a speaker for your next meeting or event? Have you ever wanted to know more about your Fire District or meet some of its members?
The Novato Fire District announces the creation of the Fire District Speaker’s Bureau. Speakers include elected Board officials and Fire District staff and are provided free of charge.
The Speaker’s Bureau can address a variety of topics for your service group, association or office. All talks can be customized to the size, available time and interests of your group. Here are a few of our most popular talks:
- A Tax Payer’s Viewpoint of the Novato Fire District: You will learn how the Novato Fire District thoughtfully uses your tax money to protect the community. You will find out how financial decisions have allowed the District to maintain service quality even during tough economic times. Finally, you will hear about the difference in governance, funding and managing a Special District versus a City Department.
- Novato Fire District International Accreditation: As one of only 5 fire agencies in California and 129 in the world, the Novato Fire District earned this honor of international distinction from the Center for Public Safety Excellence. You will hear how accreditation documents and demonstrates District effectiveness and excellence while creating the opportunity to reduce your property insurance rates.
- The History of the Novato Fire District: Started in 1926, learn about the members, equipment and infrastructure that has protected Novato all these years. You will also hear some heroic tales and tragedies along the way. You will learn why Novato has a Fire District and not a City Department and what that means.
- Safety Training for your Home or Office: Learn how to reduce the risk of fire, disasters and other emergencies in your home, office and school. You will learn some simple steps to stay safe including home fire safety, wildland urban interface protection and community risk reduction. The vision of the Novato Fire District is to create a safe community where our members, families and businesses thrive.
- Fire District Operations: Have you wondered how the Novato Fire District operates? Have you wondered why a fire engine and an ambulance respond to emergency medical calls? Did you know our engines respond to large emergencies throughout the Western United States? Did you know we respond to hurricanes? Learn how the men and women of the Novato Fire District train to protect you and the community and how we operate when emergencies occur.
Please consider this opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge about the Fire District, its services and programs. The speaker’s bureau is another way the Novato Fire District cares for, protects and serves our communities.
To arrange a speaker for your group or business, contact Denise Wade at (415) 878-2690. Speaker Request Form